Worker’s compensation is the monetary compensation offered to the injured employee or to the dependents in case of death, from the employer. Injuries at the workplace are common and the severity of injuries may range from minor injuries to death.
An individual will be eligible to claim workman’s compensation if individual suffers injuries or illnesses during employment and if caused by nature of work. However if the injury occurred is because of negligence of an individual to obey safety rules, if individual was under the influence of alcohol or any drugs, or if the disability because of injury lasts for ≤3 days, then employer will not be liable to pay the compensation.
In United States, Workmen’s Compensation Act is in practice from several decades and this act defines the guidelines for eligibility, liability, compensation details and all the necessary information to safeguard the employee as well as employer.
Your doctor plays an important role in treating work related injuries and diseases, recovery of an individual from occupational injuries and illnesses.
We at, Englewood Orthopedic Associates help you in
- Providing treatment to the work-related injuries or illnesses
- Providing medical certificates or reports necessary for claims
- Recovering from illnesses or injuries and restoring normal activities
- Analyze and suggest the case managers regarding the severity of injuries or illnesses and the impact of the injury on individual’s personal life as well as occupation
- Work with attorneys or case managers for claims and also provide additional support services to take care of your needs